FYI, this post contains affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you purchase from them, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting all the free content on my site and helping me pay for my cat sitter when I travel! Visit my Disclosure Policy for more info and photos of my adorable cat, Junie.
For those planning to make the trek, I’ve prepared Inca Trail Booking Resources to help with booking your trip and travel. For more information to prepare for your trip, see the Inca Trail Packing List and Inca Trail Training Plan.
Inca Trail Tours by Intrepid Travel
- Inca Trail Express 7 days, Cusco – Cusco *This is the tour I did
- Inca Trail 8 days, Lima – Cusco
- Beautiful Machu Picchu All Peru tours
Inca Trail Tours by G Adventures
Traveling with Kiddos? Check out
- I had been watching flight prices for a while before we booked our flights. I noticed that if I searched a multi-city itinerary on Orbitz from Washington, D.C. to Lima and then to Cusco the next morning, I could fly on Copa Airlines and Avianca for $400 a person for the entire trip. Set up alerts on the major sites and watch for fare sales to Lima – even if you can’t get the deal I did, it’s only around $150-175 to get a round-trip flight from Lima to Cusco. Check Cusco flights
- Lima taxi service: I recommend Lima Cabs. We used them from/to the airport for our overnight in Lima and then for a day tour during a long layover on the return trip.
- We stayed overnight at the Atton San Isidro because I wanted a good night’s sleep before our trek and there was construction at the Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport. After a welcome pisco sour, we enjoyed a nice dinner at the hotel in their garden courtyard. The beds were comfy.
- Weather info for your travels at Holiday-Weather.com, Weather Underground’s Trip Planner or World Weather Online
Machu Picchu Visit Add Ons
- During my travels, I like to read histories or books by regional authors of the places I visit. Recommended Inca Trail reading: Forgotten Vilcabamba: Final Stronghold of the Incas by Vincent R. Lee, available on Kindle or paperback