Virtual Travel & Field Trips
With so many of us staying at home this year, I’ve assembled my best virtual travel tips to keep wanderlust at bay for both kids and adults!
- Learn about the history and traditions of the Dia de los Muertos festival with my Virtual Day of the Dead field trip. It includes videos on how the holiday is celebrated in different cities in Mexico and the United States!
- Travel from home to experience all the history, sights, and museums in my home of Washington DC.
- Explore the world from home with my guide to virtual travel for kids, a feature on virtual zoos and safaris, or a virtual aquarium field trip.
- Find ways to travel from home with my tips for grown-ups on things to do when you can’t travel.
- Learn about Maya, Zapotec and Aztec ruins in Mexico with history, visit tips, and virtual tours.
Check out all of my virtual travel guides:
Learn about Dia de los Muertos traditions with videos and resources for a virtual Day of the Dead field trip for kids & adults! See how the holiday is celebrated in different cities in Mexico and the U.S.
Nestled in the jungles of Mesoamerica, the rediscovered ruins of Maya, Aztec and Zapotec cities stand as monuments to the power and knowledge of these ancient civilizations. How many of these Mexico ruins have you visited, and which are on your bucket list?
Need a wildlife fix? Take a virtual field trip with the best zoo webcams, live safaris & wildlife cams for students & nature lovers! Includes resource links for parents & educators.
Although we can’t travel right now, there are more ways than ever to explore the world from home. Luckily, virtual travel to Washington DC is no exception: I’ve discovered more than 150 ways for you to experience the U.S. capital from home.
Looking for ways to keep travel-loving kids busy in-between trips? Travel the world virtually, no passport needed! Get resources for online museums, virtual field trips, wildlife live feeds, kid-friendly travel documentaries, game ideas, and links for travel-related learning and play at home.
Take a virtual aquarium field trip with the best ocean and sealife webcams from around the world! Perfect for homeschooling, ocean-lovers, and a moment of zen.
Need a vacation, but just can’t travel right now? Check out these activities for things to do when you can’t travel! From virtual travel tours to reflecting on past trips, free online courses, travel books, and finding some zen, I’ve got tons of great tips for in-between trips.